Welcome at RacingNews365

Become part of the largest racing community in the United Kingdom. Create your free account now!

  • Share your thoughts and opinions about F1
  • Win fantastic prizes
  • Get access to our premium content
  • Take advantage of more exclusive benefits
Sign in
Christian Horner

Horner cleared by Red Bull after internal investigation

Red Bull GmbH has completed its internal investigation into Team Principal and CEO of Red Bull Racing Christian Horner.

Horner Red Bull Bahrain pre-season test
Article
To news overview © XPBimages

Red Bull Racing's parent company has cleared Team Principal and CEO Christian Horner following the internal investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

It was announced in early February that Horner, who has been in charge of Red Bull since it joined F1 in 2005, was being placed under investigation following a complaint by a female member of staff.

Horner denied all allegations against him and was subject to a lengthy interview by an external specialist barrister, who submitted a report to Red Bull GmbH.

The report was then considered by key players including Oliver Mintzlaff, the head of the sports division, Mark Mateschitz, the son of late founder Dietrich Mateschitz and Chalerm Yoovidhya, the Thai head of Red Bull.

Yoovidhya holds 51% of Red Bull shares with Mateschitz the remaining 49%.

Pressure had been put on Red Bull by the FIA, F1, fellow Team Principals and even incoming engine partner Ford for a swift resolution to the case.

Red Bull GmbH statement

A statement from Red Bull GmbH read: "The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed.

"The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.

"The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.

"Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards."

Horner's future with Red Bull Racing has yet to be confirmed, though he is expected to remain in his position as Team Principal.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel and don't miss a thing of Formula 1

Subscribe to our Youtube channel

Join the conversation!

x
RESULTS 2024 F1 Chinese Grand Prix