Lead Editor: RacingNews365.com
Following a period of exponential and sustained growth since launching in February 2021, RacingNews365.com is seeking a Lead Editor to accelerate the Real Home of Motorsport to its next level.
RacingNews365.com forms part of the Dutch-based RacingNews365 Group, and is a key pillar in our global expansion plans. Future career opportunities for the successful candidate, who will currently perform a similar role in a global motorsport (or allied) news outlet or be ready to confidently take the next step, are effectively unlimited.
RacingNews365 is a leading motorsport platform which is the market leader in the Dutch space and growing exponentially throughout the rest of the world. We attract 6 million unique visitors monthly via top-level, quality content delivered to fans directly from the world’s paddocks.
Breaking news, in-depth analyses, exclusive interviews, full-length features and a series of 'scoops' complete our current product mix, with numerous exciting developments in the pipeline.
We are seeking a proven editor with strong leadership skills to take charge of our daily content team for the .com domain while providing strategic input for our future content plans.
You will be a professional journalist with wide-ranging experience in similar roles and be able to demonstrate proven management skills. You will be a self-starting, highly motivated digital native who will operate under guidance of the Group CEO and Manager Operations and be required to:
- Lead and guide a talented team of writers
- Take control of content flow
- Contribute editorial pieces
- Manage rotas and publishing schedules
- Liaise with other outlet(s) within RacingNews365 Group to co-ordinate timings
- Oversee social media postings
- Apply analytics to drive growth and support news/feature coverage
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive feature plans
- Co-ordinate with other RacingNews365 Group editorial teams where applicable
- Co-ordinate with our marketing department
You will have:
- A demonstrable passion for, and excellent knowledge of, F1 and motorsport
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to deliver copy to the highest editorial standards
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- An excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practices
- A professional approach, whether working remotely or on location
- The ability to work in, and contribute to, a fun and dynamic team-based environment
- Proven success in the management of newsrooms, remote or office-based
- Professional English proficiency, preferably with knowledge of another language
- Ability to work shifts - including nights and weekends as per sporting calendars
- Ability to travel to motorsport events on an as-and-when basis
- A minimum of three years' experience in a similar position
This is a full-time role with a 1-2 month trial period. A competitive package is offered based on skills and experience.
Apply to: info@RacingNews365.nl, enclosing a covering letter, comprehensive CV and writing samples. Preliminary interviews will commence immediately, with the process likely to be completed by end-January. Only applications from candidates selected for initial interviews will be acknowledged.