A bruised Max Verstappen wants to avoid the off-track matters between the FIA, Red Bull and Mercedes following his controversial incident with Lewis Hamilton at Silverstone.
Verstappen was hospitalised after he collided with Hamilton on the opening lap of the British GP and has been largely quiet about the incident. However, he says the most important thing now is moving on and looking ahead to returning to winning ways in Budapest this weekend.
"I don’t have much to say on all the media hype and to be honest I am not interested in getting involved in any of that," Verstappen told the press. "I know what happened at Silverstone as I was in the car and obviously I feel a certain way about how my race ended.
"But now I’m just focusing on making sure we are the best we can be on track so we can stay ahead in the championship."
Red Bull have lodged a petition to request a review of the 10 second time penalty that was given to Hamilton at the British GP. Representatives of the team will meet the FIA via video conference at 16:00 CET this Thursday. Verstappen is happy to let Red Bull handle the situation.
"The team can take care of the official side of things and anything that needs looking into after the crash but my job is the same as always, to be the best I can and try to win on Sunday," said Verstappen.
"I enjoy Hungary as a track and let’s hope there is a little less action on the way to the grid as the mechanics worked some sort of miracle to get my car out for the race last year!"